The Lajnah ad-Da’imah stated the following concerning a woman who doesn’t have a wali’ to do her marriage for her:

“…Her marriage contract should be concluded by the Muslim judge. If there is no judge, then the head of the Islamic center in her area should do it. This is according to the evidence from the Qur’an and the Sunnah (whatever is reported from the Prophet).”

Excerpted from

Note: Ash-Shaykh Sa’ad Shitree hafidaho-Allah mentions on the attached clip that if there is no Muslim judge in her country such as her being in a non-muslim country then the main figure in the community who deals with the affairs of the Muslims there becomes her wali’ and if not then the head of the Islamic center in her locality or else the local Mufti of her area or the Imam of a Masjid. And if that is not possible then a trustworthy muslim brother is to be chosen to be her legal representative for the marriage.

Listen / Download

[Listen link to be added]