In relation to what is being spread that a few of the great scholars of our time do not totally disregard the books of Sayyid Qutb and that they permit benefiting from them, I wanted to clarify that was an old opinion from some of the shuyookh since they changed their stance once some of the clarifications on Sayyid Qutb were sent to them.
1. Here is Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-Uthaymeen’s later opinion on the books of Sayyid Qutb wherein he, rahimahullah, advises against reading the books of Sayyid Qutb:
2. Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan quoted from Sayyid Qutb in earlier works of his. However, his current advice is that we shouldn’t be reading or taking from the books of Sayyid Qutb:
The translation of the aforementioned advice can be read here
3. Likewise Shaykh Bin Baaz’s later advice is that the books of Sayyid Qutb should be torn apart:
4. Also the last opinion of Shaikh Muqbil rahimahullah concerning the books of Sayyid Qutb is that they shouldn’t be read and they should be avoided:
5. As for Shaykh Albany rahimahullah, then he rahimahullah clarified his later stance after reading some of the written refutations on Sayyid Qutb:
An Example: [Download]
A Side Note: The aforementioned speech of Muhammad Salih al-Munajid [i.e. the author of the website Islamqa] was from the reasons why he was disparaged and criticized by some of the shuyookh:
Shaikh Muqbil ibn Hadi al-Waad’iee rahimahullah during his treatment in the Kingdom was asked by one of the brothers who was in his sitting:
Were you present with al-Munajid?
Shaykh: Yes. Do not be present with him for verily he is a suroori.
[Taken from the Shaikh’s book Majrooheen entry no. 152, (Excerpted)]
AbdulFattaah Bin Uthman