The Canadian Revenue states:

“With very few exceptions, every person over the age of 18 who works in Canada outside of Quebec and earns more than a minimum amount ($3,500 per year) must contribute to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP). If you have an employer, you pay half the required contributions and your employer pays the other half. If you are self-employed, you make the whole contribution.

No matter how often you change jobs or where you work in Canada, your contributions may help you or your family become eligible for:

Retirement pension
Post-retirement benefit
Disability benefits
Benefits after a death”

End quote.

Comment: This form of insurance (a non-profit insurance) is permissible as mentioned by some of the shuyookh since the profit isn’t aimed here. Rather, the money is being deducted to return back to the public’s interest.

Therefore in this case, a person is allowed to receive more than what was deducted from his salary whether it be for CPP or EI. And Allah knows best.

Mentioned by

AbdulFattaah Bin Uthman
Abu Fajr