Some reasons why jinn catching is a means to shirk are as follows:
• What is a means to Shirk [in this case] is using the magic in the victim to establish your connection to the unseen world. And as you already know, just learning magic is disbelief, let alone the one who uses it.
• It is a means to Shirk that you use imagination in worship instead of du’a which is the way of the mushrikeen and not the people of Tawheed.
• What is a means to Shirk is becoming dependent and attached to this method more than just invoking Allah directly to cure the person.
• The origin starts with just intention and no Qur’aan, and as you know, when the origin of something is built upon Shirk, how then it could be something of Tawheed?
• It doesn’t have to be a bid’ah to be wrong because it contains of things which go against the religion by itself as I mentioned above, never mind if it is bid’ah or not.
AbdulFattaah Bin Uthman
Topic: Ruling On Jinn Catching
Speaker: Abu Fajr AbdulFattaah Bin Uthman
Listen / Download