Below are some excerpted benefits regarding some of the characteristics and sayings of The Sufiyyah from the book ‘ Sharh Sunan Abee Daawud’ by Ash-Shaykh Abdul Muhsin Al-Abaad, may Allah preserve him and lengthen his life-span.
- They say ‘Allah is not worshiped out of interest in His paradise or out of fear from His hell-fire. However [the real reason is] only out of love for Him’.
- It is known from them that they allege baseless and unreal things in order to deceive the general public to have a high regard for their shuyookh and leaders.
- It is commonly known from the Sufis to make use of the word ‘my Sayyid [my leader]’ when mentioning the Prophet, although he, alayhi as-salaatu was-salaam, is the leader of mankind.
- The Sufiyyah say ‘verily the Prophet does not have a shadow due to him being [from] noor [i.e. light] and this is from the major errors [of the Sufis] and it is considered to be from ghuloo [excessiveness) in the Prophet.
- The Sufis have overly exaggerated that the Prophet Khadir is still alive and present upon the earth and that he has met some of the people (who are currently alive) and that he has been given a long life.
- It has become renowned in some countries that the Sufis wear the color green under the claim that there is a hadeeth indicating that wearing it is recommended and that it is from the clothing of the people of Jannah.
- As for some of the liars from the extremists of the sufiyyah, then indeed they say ‘verily the messenger comes out of his grave and shakes some of their hands in a state of being awake, not in a dream.’
- The Sufiyyah have ghuloo in greeting and saluting others whereby they may even make a line-up to kiss the hand of who they have high regards for.
AbdulFattaah bin Uthman