- Remember that writing down knowledge is a virtuous act of worship if the person is sincere.
- Write one’s full name and Kunyah along with one’s contact information in case his notebook is lost.
- Make an index and headlines accordingly and write before a subject the word “bismillah”.
- Summarize lengthy points of benefits along with preserving the full version.
- Do not write in pencil unless the benefit will be rewritten in pen and preserved.
- Avoid highlighting words by underlining them as has been advised by the scholars.
- Avoid repetition in citing quotes and stories so as to save writing space.
- Do not give too much attention in beautifying your handwriting while missing what’s more important.
- Categorize topics and subjects in terms of importance.
- Avoid writing notes in the sun unless necessary
- Write in clear, medium-sized handwriting.
- Ascribe points of benefits to their founders along with the correct sources.
- Guard your notebooks as you guard your wealth.
AbdulFattaah Bin Uthman