Shaikh Bakr Abu Zaid said in his book Hilyah Taalib Ul ‘Ilm:
“Ask yourself about your portion of the signs of beneficial knowledge. And they are:
- Action upon it
- Disliking praise and appraisals, and being arrogant over the creation.
Note: Shaikh ‘Uthaimeen said: And this is what some have been tested with…
- Having much humility when you increase in knowledge.
- Running away from loving leadership, fame and the Dunya.
- Staying away from claiming knowledge.
- Thinking bad of yourself and thinking good of the people thereby keeping oneself away from speaking ill about them.