Shaykh Saleem Al-Hilaalee’s Response To The Accusations Made Against Him By Shaykh Muhammad Bin Haadi
A tranquil knowledge-based dialogue with my brother Mohammed Bin Haadee, may Allah guide him:
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
All praise is due to Allah, And I testify none has the right to be worship except Allah, Alone with no partners, And I testify that Mohammed alaihi as-salaatu was salaam is his slave and messenger
Some of the brothers have informed me of some transcribed words belonging to the brother, Mohammed Bin Haadee Al-Madkhalee, may Allah guide him, where he attributed to me in it false doctrines and scenes that never took place. Therefore, I saw that I should notify about it from the tip of my pen, hoping from Allah that he benefits by way of it the aforementioned brother (Mohammad bin Haadee), and whoever blindly followed him without any proof or evidence.
That which is apparent from the speech of the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, is that he speaks of past events which exceed twelve years [in age], and due to that, the affairs have become to him mixed up.
1. The criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, did not distinguish between the people of those who he mentioned. So from them was one who came to him as a visitor by his own accord, and from them was one who the criticizing brother had phoned, may Allah guide him, like Shaykh Yahya Al-Hajooree. Verily he [Shaykh Yahya] informed me that the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, phoned him and whoever was present with him [i.e. Shaykh Mohammed phoned Shaykh Yahya]. They were on that day present in Al-Madeenah on a visit to Shaykh Yusuf Ad-Dakheel, may Allah have mercy upon him. So the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, phoned them and requested that they visit him because there were some issues he wanted to discuss with him [with Shaykh Yahya]. And from them is he who he did not phone nor did he visit him [Mohammad bin Haadee] and he is Saleem Al-Hilaalee . He didn’t phone him, neither did he compel anyone to phone him, so I don’t know from where he [brought] this narration of the alleged phone call that he built upon it the threat of dismissal from his presence.
2. The criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, didn’t correct the position of his guests from the fitnah of Abul-Hassan Al-Masree while he was hosting the heads of the supporters of Al-Masree [as guests] in that period and up until this moment. These people are Al-Halabee and his companions. All of a sudden he threatens with dismissal [from his presence] the one who Abul-Hassan had not received from him a single word of endorsement. Rather, he saw it being possible to rectify his condition. When he saw that which he had reached of [the level of] corruption and distance from the correct salafi da’wah, then he [Saleem al-Hilaali] openly spoke about him six years ago.
3. Unfortunately the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, does not have a stable criteria in this matter [that which pertains to Abul-Hassan, the misguided deviant] for he has not ceased to accommodate and to be connected with people, whether in his country or other than it, who are treading upon the footsteps of Abul-Hassan and who are too lenient in speaking in regards to him.
4. What is the thing that has made the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, remain quiet for this period of time and has not made apparent that which his soul hides. Is it not from the elementary principles of the salafi da’wah in regards to advice that the one being intended with the advice is the foremost person to know his mistakes than others. So I haven’t known a single day that the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, uttered the like of advice or rectification or kept in touch [with me] in any affair from the affairs that he mentioned, or that which has not mentioned. And if he had done so, he would have found from me every cooperation and care for. I am not one who closes his ears in front of the advice of the advisers.
5. I don’t know what is the relevancy in the publicizing of this rancor, especially in these [specific] days wile I am on a trip for da’wah to my brothers Ahlus-sunnah in Yemen. I ask Allah that the intention of the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, is correct.
6. As for the topic of Khabr Al-Aahaad [a narration that is related by a single reporter] and my stance in regards to it, then he has attributed to me speech that I didn’t say for these are my books “Al-Jamaa’aat Al-Islamiyyah” and “Al-Adillah Wa Shawaahid” which are a witness in truth that my stance is clear and obvious, and that Khabr Al-Aahaad benefits knowledge [of that which is being reported if the reporter is trustworthy] and this is the statement of the scholars from Ahlus-sunnah Wal-Jamaa’ah.
7. I don’t know what his criteria is that has made him judge that I have sold my religion for the sake of Abul-Hassan while he knows with certain knowledge that I have been in this da’wah for 35 years. For this I would not sell my religion if the earth’s quantity was filled with his likes [Mohammad bin Haadee]. So then how [can I sell my religion] for the like of Abul-Hassan? What is a surprise to me is how he can be pleased with the oppression of his brother [Saleem al-Hilaali] who has proceeded him in knowledge and da’wah by 20 years in the least of estimation. Or is it the eye of distant displeasure brings the mistakes to light?
8. If the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, does not know that I clarified my stance from the Shubhah [the doubt of khabr al-aahaad benefits a thought of mind only] that was brought up by some individuals who had a hidden agenda as this topic is three years old, then this is a calamity since he spread that on the Internet. And if he didn’t know [i.e. that Shaykh Saleem had clarified that] then the calamity is greater [than him spreading this statement without seeking clarity in it].
9. As for the topic of Markaz Al-Albaanee, then I have clarified its reality in my response upon the unknown corruptible person, Usamah ‘Utaayaa [al-‘Utaybee], so let the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, go over what I have mentioned there in order to know the realities in the right manner.
These are words of chastisement to a brother. We loved him and cherished him being that we used to encounter him when we [were] visiting our elder Shaykh Rabee’ Al-Madkhalee, may Allah preserve and protect him. And I hope that this respect stays between us by the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, reconsidering what he said and him verifying from what has emanated from him. For verily, the returning to the truth is better than the continuation upon falsehood in order for things not to become lengthy and that new tribulations do not occur. Our Salafi daw’ah is free from it, so consider that which is in it, and what I was tested by with it, by way of this haste, the lack of clarity in the text, waiting to make surprising attacks, and the speech in closed rooms and from behind the scenes.
وَاللَّهُ مِن وَرَائِهِم مُّحِيطٌ
“And Allah encompasses them from behind! (i.e. All their deeds are within His knowledge, and He will requite them for their deeds)” [85:20]
And I say to the criticizing brother, may Allah guide him, in spite of everything you said in regards to me and attributed to me, I haven’t stopped having good thought of you. However I haven’t found any excuses in regards to what you quoted and said, yet I say perhaps you have an excuse that hasn’t been become clear to me.
سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك أستغفرك وأتوب إليك
Sana’a – Yemen
Monday Night 9th of Dhil-Qa’dah 1431 Hijri
أبو أسامة سليم بن عيد الهلالي
Written by Abu Usamah Saleem bin Eid al-Hilaalee