Brief Biography Of Shaykh Abdul-Hameed Ibn Yahyaa Al-Zoukoree
He is Abu Muhammad, ‘Abdulhamīd ibn Yahyā ibn Zayd Al-Hajūrī Al-Zoukorī.
He was born in the land of Hajūr, in the province of Hajjah, in the village of az-Za’ākirah on the first day of Ramadhān, the year 1392 AH.
Upbringing and studies:
He was brought up in the land he was born and he started his studies in the Madrasahs of his village up until he finished his basic education and then he completed his secondary education in Hudaydah. After that he completed his university education and his specialization was in the field of geography and chemistry.
His pursuit of Islamic knowledge:
Then he travelled to Dārul Hadīth Dammāj in the last part of the month of Jumādā Al-Ākhirah in the year 1418 AH to seek knowledge, and he has been there up until the students were expelled by the Hūthī, Rāfidhah.
He studied at the hands of Imām Al-‘Alāmah Muqbil ibn Hādī Al-Wādi’ī (may Allāh have mercy on him) for some time up until when Imām Muqbil (may Allāh have mercy on him) left Yemen for medication.
He has lectured in most of the provinces of Yemen, and outside Yemen he has travelled to Tanzania (twice), Trinidad and Tobago, Egypt (twice), Algeria, Sri Lanka, Maldives and some other places. He also has ongoing lectures and knowledge based classes with many countries around the world online or by way of the phone, and similarly he receives many questions which are sent to him over the phone or by way of his site on the Internet. He is now currently teaching in Masjid As-Sahābah, in the city of Ghydha, Mahara.
Praises of the scholars for the Shaykh:
Al-Imām, Shaykh Muqbil praised Ash-Shaykh AbdulHamīd and mentioned him among his students who have memorized the Qur’ān (in his time), as mentioned in the book “Tarjama Abī Abdirrahmān Muqbil” 178, Dārul Āthār”
Likewise, ‘Allāmah, Shaykh Ahmad Najmī, may Allāh have mercy upon him, praised Shaykh Abdulhamīd and gave a preface to one of his books in which he (Shaykh Najmi) wrote:
“What is important is that the writer (i.e. Shaykh Abdulhamīd) has been granted success in that which I see in this research which he criticizes those who confine the Names of Allāh to ninety nine (names), may Allāh reward him with good and bless him and increase the likes of him!!!” End quote.
Also, Shaykh Yahyā Al-Hajūrī, may Allāh preserve him, praised Shaykh Abdulhamīd and mentioned in the book entitled “At-Tabaqāt” page 48, Dārul Āthār:
“He is firm, has memorized the Qur’ān and Saheeh Muslim, and is a strong researcher. He has (written the following books):
- ‘Fat-hul Manān fis Sahīh Al Musnad Min Ahādīthil Īmān’
- ‘Al Bayānul Husnā Limā Ahyāhu Ash-Shaykh Muqbil Minas Sunnan’
and he cooperated in the checking of one volume from Muhallā of Ibn Hazm!”
Also Shaykh Tāriq Al Ba’dānī said in his book Ar-Radd Ash-Shar’ī in regards to him (83):
“And he is from the mashāyekh of the institute and he is from the teachers. He has beneficial writings, and defence of the Sunnah and its people.”
His checkings, may Allāh grant him success:
Shaykh Abdulhamīd has efforts in regards to writing as well as checking in different fields, over 60 writings all together, such as the following:
- Explanation of Sharhus Sunnah, 2 Volumes
- The safety of the Khalaf is in the way of the Salaf
- The seeing of the believers
- Ruling of Swearing by the ﷺ
- Ruling of speaking to the general folk with the proofs of the Names and the Attributes
- Saheeeh Musnad in Al Eeman
- Warning the sensible from the trial of the Dajjal
- Explanation of Al Laamiyyah of Shaykh Ul Islaam
- Explanation of Imam Muhamad Ibn Abdul Wahhabs letter to the people of Al Qaseem
- The ruling of voting
- Summarized commentary On Qawaaidul Arb’aa
- Explanation of Usuul As Sunnah of Ibn Abi Zamaneen
- Explanation of Haaiyyah of Ibn Abi Dawuud
- The rulings of sleep
- The rulings of eid
- Rulings on the prayer sitting
- Conditions of Repentance to Allah
- Explanation of the introduction of Lisaanul Meezan
- The refutation upon Muhammad Hassan and Khalid Uthman in regards to the affair of voting
- Checking of the book al Eeman of Ibn Abi Shaybah
- Checking of the book Al Eeman of Ibn Abu Ubayd
And most of these writings and checkings are spread upon the site of the Shaykh. Some of it is printed, some the others have not ceased being under print, and the rest we ask
Allah that he makes easy with it being printed.
And there are many more statements, refutations, sermons, lectures, knowledge based classes that can be found on his website alzoukory.com.
I ask Allāh that he grants us and him success to all that which is good, and that he provides us and him sincerity in the statements and the actions.
Majid Jawed Al-Afghanee
Full biography can be found here