عن أنس بن مالك رضي الله عنه قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم :
” قيلوا فإن الشياطين لا تقيل ” .
رواه الطبراني في الأوسط و حسنه الألباني رحمه الله.
On the authority of Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him said that the Prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam, said :
“Take a siesta (i.e. midday nap), for the devils do not take siestas.”
Reported by at-Tabaraani and authenticated by Al-Albani rahimahullah.
There are other scholars who have disputed pertaining to the authenticity of this hadeeth. However, there are other proofs to prove that the act of qayloohah was something established and praised in the time of the Prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam.
Some pointers concerning the act of Qayloohah:
- The Qayloohah can be merely a midday rest without sleep.
- The Qayloohah can be performed before Salaatul Dhur or after Salaatul Dhur. However, on Fridays, it is more preferable to be after Jum’ah instead of being before Jum’ah.
- The Qayloohah can be for a time period of five minutes to an hour.
- It is not necessary that the Qayloohah be performed daily.
- The Qayloohah is a great means and great help to perform the Tahajud prayer.
- The Qayloohah brings comfort to the heart and to the mind.
- The Qayloohah increases a person in memory and in understanding.
- The Qayloohah brings much health benefits.
- The act of Qayloohah was highly recommend and encouraged by the righteous predecessors.
- The Qayloohah shouldn’t be performed by a person who sleeps more than eight hours in the night, as been suggested by Ibn Qudaamah rahimahullah.
AbdulFattaah bin Uthman